Goals for the North Seattle Fives Cooperative School
- To promote a love of school and a love of learning.
- To promote self-esteem and a sense of competency.
- To promote each child's independence and sense of responsibility.
- To further develop social skills, including getting along with others, practicing courtesies, expressing needs in an appropriate manner, and supporting a sense of empathy and interpersonal problem solving.
- To increase social awareness of a variety of cultures, abilities, ages and viewpoints. To support a respect and sense of caring for our community and world.
- To take pleasure in physical activity, and to develop physical motor skills.
- To encourage language and communication skills.
- To express ideas creatively.
- To further develop mathematical and scientific thinking.
- To increase problem-solving abilities.
To accomplish these goals, the NSF’s Cooperative encourages each child, parent and teacher to be a full participant in creating our community- both in the classroom and in the broader learning environment; we believe that together, we can use our strengths and creativity to plan and carry out a multitude of diverse learning experiences that will enrich all of us.